So you’ve probably been thinking why would I buy Shakeology over a protein shake and/or a simple multivitamin? Well, that’s certainly a valid question and often asked by new Shakeology users. I may have even asked that same question myself over a year ago, too. With that being said, I will do my best to provide you with the facts, nutritional information and my personal review and success with Shakeology.
Here are what a protein shake, multi-vitamins and Shakeology offer to the body and will also explain why Shakeology clearly trumps these supplements.
Protein shake – The purpose of a protein shake is to help build and repair the torn muscle tissue after a workout. It is an important element of a healthy diet, particularly if weight lifting is part of your workout regimen. Muscles are mostly made up of protein, so adding addition protein post workout will help them repair and grow. However, protein does not replenish essential nutrients, vitamins and acids lost during strenuous exercise.
Multi-vitamin – Helps replenish the vitamins and minerals in the body often depleted during exercise. As such, you need to consume the recommended daily allowance of vitamins, which is harder to do as you reduce calories to speed up weight loss. Taking a daily multivitamin helps prevent disease, maintain energy and keeps your immune system strong, aiding the prevention of illness and recovery. However, a multi-vitamin cannot be used as a meal replacement nor does it help build muscle tissue.
Shakeology – Provides a source of protein (17g) and all the benefits of a multi-vitamin, and can be used as a full meal replacement, there by promoting rapid weight loss and faster muscle gains. It’s a premium meal replacement shake that combines many of nature’s most health-boosting ingredients, including real food sources of vitamins, minerals, fiber, and antioxidants, plus protein and phytonutrients to help rebuild muscle, maximize cellular health, eliminate toxins, jumpstart metabolism, lower cholesterol in as little as 30 days and keep blood sugar from spiking. You will not receive these benefits from just your typical Whey protein shake nor your daily multi-vitamin, which will affect your overall results. Have a complete shake, once a day, that combines a protein shake and multi-vitamins with so much more to it! I know from experience that this is easier, cheaper and much more effective.
Cost Comparison – Shakeology leads to a cost savings by:
>> Click here for the top 15 ways to make Shakeology even more affordable!
1) Using it as a meal replacement leads to a daily savings of $5 or more per day (a savings of $150 a month). I personally will substitute my breakfast with a Shakeology. I do this not only because I hate preparing meals early in the morning, but because Shakeology is proven to increase your energy level and speed up my metabolism through out my day, which makes it the perfect meal in the morning. Plus, the savings from not buying breakfast foods is adding some additional spending cash to my bank account.
2) Allows you to replace many nutritional supplements with just one shake a day (a savings of $20-$150 a month). I used to have a cabinet full of supplements before Shakeology. I was loaded with pre-workout boosters, proteins, post-workout recovery pills and vitamins, which adds up to a pretty expensive investment every month. I then started Shakeology and stopped purchasing other supplements. I didn’t just see a huge savings every month, but I was noticing results that I wasn’t seeing with any of my previous supplements.
>> Click here to see my transformation with Shakology and P90X!
3) Shakeology Satisfaction Guarantee
The great thing is that it comes with a “Bottom of the Bag” guarantee. I can guarantee if you follow my favorite recipes, you will be in love with Shakeology.
>> Click here to see my favorite Chocolate Shakeology Recipe
>> Click here to see my favorite Greenberry Recipe
What else will Shakeology do for your health and results:
– Lose weight
– Reduce cravings
– Increase metabolism
– Increase recovery rate
– Decrease cholesterol
– Increase energy and stamina
– Promote healthy digestion and regularity
Here are some clinical studies based on Shakeology users: Proven results!
As part of the recommended Shakeology program of replacing a meal with one shake per day, along with regular exercise and a balanced diet, participants experienced even more remarkable health improvements. The study also showed that participants were able to:
1) Reduce total cholesterol by 30% on average
2) Reduce LDL (“bad”) cholesterol by 38% on average
3) Reduce cardiovascular risk ratio by 24% on average
4) Reduce oxidative damage caused by free radicals on average by 45%, which can help decrease the risk for developing degenerative conditions like heart disease, dementia, and arthritis.
What is making Shakeology so powerful? Here are the some of the ingredients:
- Protein & Amino Acids: Amaranth, Camu-Camu, Goji berry, Sacha Inchi, sprouted quinoa, whey protein.
Health benefits: Help the body build lean muscle, heal wounds, improve skin and hair. Support optimal brain function, mental clarity, improved mood, and reduced cravings.
- Antioxidants “Red Super Foods”: Açai berry, Acerola cherry, bilberry, Camu Camu, Goji berry, grape seed extract, green tea, Maca root, pomegranate.
Health Benefits: Help reduce oxidative damage in the body caused by free radicals. Oxidative damage is a major cause for degenerative (aging) conditions such as heart disease, high blood pressure (which can lead to stroke), dementia, and arthritis.
- Phytonutrients “Green Super Foods”: Barley grass, blue-green algae, Chia seeds, Chlorella, flax, grape seed extract, Hydrilla, spinach, Spirulina, sprouted quinoa, wheat grass.
Health Benefits: Boost immunity, help fight diseases, can slow down the aging process, detoxify the body, and have alkalizing properties.
- Adaptogens: Ashwagandha, Astragalus, Cordyceps, holy basil leaf, Maca root, Reishi mushroom, Schisandra, Suma root.
Health Benefits: Plant derived agents help to adapt the body or protect it from stress. Adaptogenic herbs are unique from other substances in their ability to balance endocrine hormones and the immune system.
- Prebiotics: Pea fiber, yacon root. Promote better intestinal health.
Health Benefits: Stimulate growth of friendly bacteria for better digestion.
- Digestive Enzymes: Amylase, bromelain from pineapple, cellulose, lactase, lipase, papain from papaya, protease.
Health Benefits: Help the body break down foods and increase absorption of nutrients.
For my complete Shakeology review and personal success with it, you can click here to read more! Also, for complete Shakeology information and other recipes, videos, facts, check out the Shakeology website by clicking here!
Check out the picture below as it breaks down the nutrients within only 1 GLASS of Shakeology, and how much it would cost you to purchase the produce needed to gather these nutrients! Crazy stuff!!